Drying clothes produces about 1/.2 Litre of water a vapour per person day.
Clothes dried indoors is the controllable source of vapour that accounts for the most mould and condensation.
Landlords of small London properties should either invest in externally ducted tumble dryers or provide a facility, as landlords are leagally required to in may countries, including Scotland.
To comply, typically landlords in Scotland provide a drying rack in the bathroom, such as:
- Erica ERIC Ceiling Airer 140x50cm, Ceiling Mounted Laundry Hoist in White PVC-free Plastic Coated Steel, 100% Rustproof, 11.2 Meters of Drying Space
- Arredamenti Italia AR_IT- 608 KLAUS the only drying rack for heated towel rails, finishing cherry wood.
- Clothes Laundry Drying Rack Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Folding Adjustable Collapsible Space Saver 6.5 Yards Drying Capacity
- BCLGCF Lift Ceiling-Mounted Airer Pulley Washer Dryer Clothesline Suitable,Clothes Drying Rack, Aluminum Alloy Suitable for Home Bathroom Outdoor Laundry Room,2M
- ironmongeryWorld® Traditional Classic Old English Vintage Clothes Airer Dryer Kitchen Rack Ceiling Drier (1.8 M/5.11Ft)
- BESy Retractable Clothesline with Adjustable Stainless Steel Rope Hotel Style Heavy Duty, Wall Mounted Bathroom Laundry Drying Line for Shower, 12.5 Feets Indoor Clothes Washing Line, Polished Chrome
- HINMAY PP, POM Butterfly Shape Laundry Drying Rack With 24 Clips, Foldable Rotary Wind-proof Clothes Airer Hanger Dryer for Socks, Underwear, Bras, Baby Clothes, Gloves Dorm Indoor Outdoor
- InterDesign Brezio Over Door Clothing Drying Rack for Laundry Room Storage – Double Shelf White/Gray
Any of the above should work depending on size and number of occupants.
Never buy or use a heat dryer if you have any risk of condensation or mould – the merely speed up the process of moving water from damp clothes to a cold external wall.