Mains water pipes sometimes imbedded or are otherwise in contact with a wall, causing localised heat loss to the wall and condensation, known as thermal bridging.
- Use a thermal camera or laster thermometer to identify the effects of a cold water pipe in winter.
- Insulate cold water pipes with pipe insulation.
- Insulate the wall, such as with thermal lining paper or thermal insulating plasterboard.
- Reduce the contact that a cold water pipe has with a wall.
- Consider localise heat and or air movement.
- Check your ventilation.
- Reduce humidity through improved ventilation.