Blocked gutters are one of the most common causes of penetrating damp and often cause rising damp like symptoms.Moss, tennis balls, plastic tops, leafs etc can block gutters and down-pipes.
- A damp surveyor may be able to spot evidence of water overflowing or a risk. However, there is nothing like seeing the flow of rainwater during a rainstorm. Issues can be seen that are not apparent on a dry day.
- Use an extendable mono-pole if you can see from ground or top floor level.
- half round gutter cleaning scraper (our square depending on the gutter) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G6UZH6A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
- angle Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079L6MXPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- L.G Harris 731 5m Premier Extension Pole https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARRIS-5-METRE-EXTENSION-POLE-TRADEMATE-brand-/402828491334?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjwy42FBhB2EiwAJY0yQkbUDDz0PrT48QLrHIN5S03E2zGSVbVpi7v_Fp_SHFpruPys-n1RhhoC2cUQAvD_BwE
- Gutter clearer are excellent, but nothing beats scaffolding, a platform or ladder (with care) for access to scoop out the offing item.