Vapour is the cause of mould and condensation. It is the root case of unwanted dampness 85% of the time in UK.
- dew point,
- relative humidity,
- surface humidity (unique)
- daily mould and condensation risk forecast (London).
Tips for vapour
- Vapour condenses when there is excess vapour or a drop in temperature, like an ice cold drink on a warm day.
- Vapour results from:
- Insufficient ventilation of vapour from a source such as; a shower, drying clothes or boiling water.
- Heat imbalance, either:
- across the property, such as an exposed cold pipe, poorly insulated wall, ceiling, eaves or floor,
- across the course of day, such as by turning the heating off at night and closing windows.